Inchcape Rock

LI: To find and summarise the story behind the poem.

The Ship stayed motionless along with calm wind and waves. No sound of danger the waves streamed over the rock. Aberbrothok arranged a bell on the rock to warn sailors. The Marines heard the bell chimed giving them a warning. Each and every thing were all joyful on that day. Rover stepped onto the dock and glanced on the the speck. He felt a cheering inside making him whistle and sing. His eye was on the inchcape rock thoughting  something wicked. Sir Ralph rowed over and slices the shiny bell off. The bell lowered down into the water making a gurgling sounds. Sir Ralph has grown rich and travelled for many days.  The thick murk spreaded the sky they couldn’t see light. The Rover stood on the deck and see no land, Sir Ralph wishes he could he the inchcape bell. They drifted along until the vessel hits onto the rock. The strong waves rushes on every side making it sink. Below the sea the Rover could hear the bell ringing.

Our challenge was to unpack the story behind the 17 verses of the poem Inchcape Rock by Robert Southy. The part I found interesting was when Sir Ralph got himself lost in a gloomy atmosphere and his vessel crashes onto the Inchcape Rock because it shows a justified punishment for doing the wrong doing.

I found this activity interesting because the details they added into the poem increased interest in myself. The poem hooked me in, making me keep reading and learning more about the story.