Super Seesaw

I completed a summer learning journey task called Super Seesaw.

First, I watched a video on how to make a seesaw on our own.

Next, I collected the materials I needed. The materials I need are: A tube, a string, and a spoon. We didn’t had any spoon at school, so I decided to use a ruler and put the cup on the end of the ruler so it could look like a spoon.

Last, I recorded myself attempting at launching. I took me 10 attempts to score.

I enjoyed this activity because I made my own super seesaw. I did well on finding the materials I needed. I need to improve on making the string more tighter.

2 thoughts on “Super Seesaw

1. Kia ora Siniva,
    It’s Mrs Clifford from the Summer Learning Journey Commenting Team.

What an awesome see saw you have created here. I love how you have clearly explained the task in your description and that you have thought about making it even more challenging by attempting to catapult the item (maybe a rock?) into the other container.

When do you think you will be able to use the skill of creating a catapult in real life?

I can’t wait to see what you post up next.

– Mrs Clifford

1. Hello Keysley!
      I’m so sorry for not replying. Thank you for commenting on my blog and I’m glad that you like how I explained what the task was about. Yes! I thought of making it really challenging but I didn’t have time to do it.

I think I will be able to make a catapult but not right now, I don’t really have skills to make a catapult but I will try making one in some time.

Thank you again!
      Siniva Taumoepeau